The St. Patrick K.C. Ladies Auxiliary is an organization which assists the Knights of Columbus Council 8601 and promotes good fellowship through religious and social activities. The Auxiliary meets monthly on the first Thursday of the month (the same date as the KC Council) in the St. Patrick Parish Family Center beginning with a potluck supper followed by the general meeting. Membership is open to all females, Catholic or non-Catholic, age 18 or older, with a willingness to support the endeavors of Council 8601. It is not necessary that a Ladies Auxiliary member be married to a Knights of Columbus member. For more information or to join the Auxiliary, contact Amy Lawler at 225-288-30558 firstname.lastname@example.org or .
Auxiliary Monthly News
KEY POINTS for May 2022:
- KC Ladies Auxiliary meeting: Thu May 5th at 6:30 PM in the Family Center will begin with a potluck supper (so bring something yummy to eat!)
At this meeting, we will be electing the KC Ladies Auxiliary Officers for the 2022-2023 year.
Please come to participate in this very important activity! Your vote should count!
After the joint meeting with the Knights, the Ladies will stay in the Family Center to conduct our separate meetings. If you want to play the 50/50 game also bring your dollar bills! $$$
- PLEASE KEEP ST. AGNES CATHOLIC CHURCH AND THE SISTERS WHO RUN THE SHELTER FOR WOMEN AND CHILDREN IN YOUR PRAYERSAFTER THE EXPLOSION IN THEIR CAFETERIA EARLIER THIS WEEK. ASK THE LORD TO GUIDE THEM THROUGH THIS DIFFICULT TIME. WATCH FOR OPPORTUNITIES TO HELP THEM REBUILD SO THEY CAN CONTINUE TO SERVE THE LORD BY SERVING THE LEAST FORTUNATE. 🙏
- White Oak Residents Mass: Thu May26th at 10:00 AM, Mass will be celebrated for the Residents of White Oak Post Critical Care facility (Nottingham Rehab) with Father Michael Miceli. Please plan to arrive at 9:30 AM to help with setup and getting the residents to the Mass. Contact Mary Lynn Segalla with questions.
- REMINDER: Sat May 14th Annual KC and Ladies Auxiliary Awards Banquet in the St Patrick Family Center. Mark your calendars! This is the banquet where awards from the Knights and Ladies are presented. It is also the time when checks are given to ministries in Baton Rouge who need our support. The banquet cost is $20 for the catered meal. Jeremy Coco will cater the dinner again and Jason Ferris will share his margarita equipment for the Knights to use as a special treat for us! The invitation has been emailed to you. Please get your check mailed to the address on the invitation OR place your check in an envelope labeled “Knights of Columbus” and drop it off at the Church mail slot when you go to Mass this weekend.
Feel free to email, text or call me with any ideas, questions or concerns!
Love in Christ, Amy
President of the KC Auxiliary
GOD WANTS TO TEACH YOU TO DANCE:
Living in the presence of God causes us to dance for joy. It is easy to lose sight of his presence. It is easy to wander from his ways. It is easy to become blind to his presence as a result of the crippling selfishness that we all fall victim to if we are left to our own devices. Fortunately, God is not content leaving us to our own devices.
The more we close the gap between the person we are today and the person God created us to be, the more we will experience that joy. The more we close the gap between the life we are living today and the life Jesus invites us to live through the Gospels, the more we will experience that joy.
So what stops us from closing the gap and dancing for joy?
Who or what is robbing you of joy?
White Oak Critical Care Center Mass
White Oak Critical Care Center mass will be held on Thursday, May 26th from 9:30 AM to 10:45 AM at 2828 Westfork Drive off of South Sherwood Forest Boulevard. You are always welcome to join us as we visit with the residents at White Oak.
Happy Birthday to
LADIES MAY BIRTHDAYS
5/2 Teenie Bajon
5/25 Amy Lawler
5/30 Geri Terrio
NO MAY ANNIVERSARIES
Auxiliary Officers 2021-2022
• President – Amy Lawler
• Vice President – Lorraine Laurent
• Treasurer – Eretta Perrien
• Recording Secretary – Ildi Gajda
• Corresponding Secretary -Lynn Hitchcock
• Board Member – Sarah Munn • Parliamentarian- Nancy LeBlanc