The St. Patrick K.C. Ladies Auxiliary is an organization which assists the Knights of Columbus Council 8601 and promotes good fellowship through religious and social activities. The Auxiliary meets monthly on the first Thursday of the month (the same date as the KC Council) in the St. Patrick Parish Family Center beginning with a pot luck supper followed by the general meeting. Membership is open to all females, Catholic or non-Catholic, age 18 or older, with a willingness to support the endeavors of Council 8601. It is not necessary that a Ladies Auxiliary member be married to a Knights of Columbus member. For more information or to join the Auxiliary, contact Amy Lawler at 225-288-30558 email@example.com or .
Auxiliary Monthly News
Our next meeting is Oct 7th – so COOLER weather is almost here!!! Woo Hoo!!!
Many, many thanks to all the Ladies & Knights who collected Hurricane Relief items and/or helped prepare, cook and/or deliver meals!
We have not yet resumed our potluck supper however, so we still need to wear masks at the meetings.
Don’t forget the fun service project at this meeting for the nursing home ladies.😊Thank you MaryLynn Segalla! (details below)
- KC Ladies Auxiliary meeting Thurs Oct 7th at 7:00 PM in the Family Center. This meeting will divide into separate meetings of the Knights and Ladies. Please wear masks while indoors. Don’t forget that we will be starting the 50/50 game this time so if you want to play bring your dollar bills!
- The 2021-2022 $10 Dues are DUE!!! If you haven’t already paid or deferred your dues for 2021-22, please plan to bring it with you. To make arrangements for dues please contact our Treasurer: Eretta Perrien firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The 4th Weds, Oct 27th at 10:00 AM, Mass WILL be celebrated for the Residents of White Oak Post Critical Care facility (Nottingham Rehab) with Father Michael Miceli.
OUR PROJECT at the Oct 7th meeting is to fill up 20 goody bags to take to the White Oak residents with snacks or rosaries or small personal items or well, so be CREATIVE! We can call it a “Halloween Treats“ goody bag since the following Saturday is HALLOWEEN! 🎃 👻 👹
We can go see these ladies AND we can cheer them up! So, MaryLynn will set out 20 empty goody bags and as we arrive, we can drop one of our 20 goodies into each goody bag. A Dollar Store, grocery store or anywhere with small snacks or travel items will have 20 of something small that these ladies would appreciate!
Feel free to email, text or call me with any ideas, questions or concerns!
Love in Christ, Amy
Love in Christ, Amy
President of the KC Auxiliary
GOD WANTS TO TEACH YOU TO DANCE:
Living in the presence of God causes us to dance for joy. It is easy to lose sight of his presence. It is easy to wander from his ways. It is easy to become blind to his presence as a result of the crippling selfishness that we all fall victim to if we are left to our own devices. Fortunately, God is not content leaving us to our own devices.
The more we close the gap between the person we are today and the person God created us to be, the more we will experience that joy. The more we close the gap between the life we are living today and the life Jesus invites us to live through the Gospels, the more we will experience that joy.
So what stops us from closing the gap and dancing for joy?
Who or what is robbing you of joy?
White Oak Critical Care Center Mass
White Oak Critical Care Center mass will be held on Wednesday, Oct 27th from 9:30 AM to 10:45 AM at 2828 Westfork Drive off of South Sherwood Forest Boulevard. You are always welcome to join us as we visit with the residents at White Oak.
Happy Birthday to
KC LADIES OCTOBER BIRTHDAYS
10/2 Verlyne LeBlanc
10/9 Geri Blazek
10/11 Diane Legendre
10/18 Lynn Hitchcock
KC KNIGHTS AND LADIES OCTOBER ANNIVERSARIES
10/7 Lester and Lynn Hitchcock
10/15 Cleve and Verlyne LeBlanc
Auxiliary Officers 2019-2020 (waiting on group picture of officers picture)
• President – Amy Lawler
• Vice President – Lorraine Laurent
• Treasurer – Eretta Perrien
• Recording Secretary – Ildi Gajda
• Corresponding Secretary -Lynn Hitchcock
• Board Member – Sarah Munn • Parliamentarian- Nancy LeBlanc
Ladies Auxiliary Group
Don’t forget to check out the KC website at www.kc8601.wordpress.com. The Ladies Auxiliary has its own site for pictures and other information.
“The things you do for yourself are gone when you are gone,
but the things you do for others remain your legacy”