Council Upcoming News
Next meeting is Thursday, October 7 at 7:00pm
Brothers and Sisters,
I still know there is more happiness in giving than receiving. No doubt about it.
However, when I learned how many hours our members and Lady Auxiliary members worked, and how many meals were served to the victims of Hurricane Ida and the recovery workers, and when I saw all of the items our parish donated for the victims, I have to admit, I received one of God’s greatest gifts – another lesson in humility.
We all saw God’s physical power in Hurricane Ida, but as I sat in the quiet of the Family Center waiting for donations, I realized he was showing me something even more powerful – the power of His love and how it multiplies through each of us. That, my friends, is one heckuva gift.
So thank you – all of you – whether you physically helped or helped through your thoughts and prayers – for this wonderful lesson and memories.
Now, just a few reminders:
- Don’t forget to sign up for the IDF to be held at Hi Nabors Oct. 7, 8 and 9. Contact Brother Mickey Brown to fill those open slots.
- Return the surveys you received either at the meeting or in your e-mail inbox. If you have any questions, please call me (561-301-2820) or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We still have some Seminarian Mission Fund Raffle tickets available and we can get more. The money is used to fund mission trips for seminarians at Notre Dame Seminary and St. Joseph Seminary. Your support gives you a chance to win $5,000 (first prize), $2,500 (second prize), $1,000 (third prize), $500 (fourth prize), and $250 (fifth prize.)
- CDs and cassette tapes that were in the Parish Library are available to whoever wants them. If you’re interested in any of these, let me know and we’ll arrange a time to pick them up.
- There’s a State Golf Tournament Oct. 1-3 in Carencro. Forms are available on the state’s web site.
- And the State Nine Ball Tournament will be held Oct. 30 in Lafayette. Again, forms are available on the state’s web site.
- Thank you all.Fraternally,Ken Koehler, Grand KnightVisit the Council website at mykc8601.com
What’s Cooking with Marty
Cooking schedule for October and November
Looking back to September 29th – Thanks to all those who helped with the Bourg dinner– We cooked for 300+ – Baked Ziti, salad and fruit cup – and transported for serving at 4:30PM
Saturday November 6th – born to run – for 150 – sausage po-boys To be cooked at site – start time to be determined
Thursday November 25th – Thanksgiving dinners- to be determined
A special heart felt thanks to all who helped with dinners to LSU, Vacherie and Bourg.
Thanks for your help
Mike & Julie Gerard were named Family of the Month for July at the recent August 3 meeting. Jay Cefalu was named Knight of the Month. Congratulations to Mike & Julie Gerard and Jay Cefalu!!!!!
Guest Speaker at July Meeting
Our guest speaker for the recent July meeting, Barry Myers, the Executive Director of The Arc. He talked about the different programs that they offer to the community.
Guest Speaker at April Meeting
Awards Announced at February Meeting
Bart & Nicole Deshotel was named the Family of the Month for January at the recent February 4 meeting. Congratulations to !!!!!!!! Jackie Brady was named the Honorary Knight of the Month for January at the recent February 4 meeting. Congratulations to Bart & Nicole Deshotel/ Jackie Brady!!!!!!!! See Bart & Nicole Deshotel/Jackie Brady picture on the Photos page.
Chief Carl Dabadie, Jr. accepted for Officer Travis Norman, Baton Rouge City Police
(Left to right: Walker W. Cress-Baton Rouge Fire Department, Corporal Ronald Norman, Jr.-Baton Rouge Police, Deputy Jared Arceneaux-Baton Rouge Sherriff Office)
Cooking schedule for January/February 2020
No events scheduled for January and February at this time
The Council’s Membership Director John Ricca asks that you let others know you are a member of the KCs. Buy a shirt; buy a cap; dust off your name badges and wear them often. John says, “Wear your Council shirts to mass!” Others will see the logo and might approach you to want to know more about the Council. Don’t have a shirt? Order one – see below.
John can furnish an order form – just give him a call at 753-0393. Merchandise is available in Green or White and comes in various sizes. You can even have the logo placed on your “own” shirt, cap, or whatever. See product descriptions below. The prices include tax.
Hanes polo shirt, 100% cotton, no pocket, short sleeve. Green or white. $23.00 each (XXL is $25.00)
Port Authority Full Button-down shirt, with pocket, 100% twill, button-down collar, short sleeve. $30.00 each (XXL $32.00)
Port Authority Full Button-down shirt, with pocket, 100% twill, button-down collar, long sleeve. $37.00 each (XXL $39.00)
Richardson cap, one size fits all. $13.00
KC logo placed on any of your own person items – shirts, caps, aprons, etc. (indicate your item on the form). $8.68 each logo placement
KNIGHTS OCTOBER BIRTHDAYS
10/3 Jeremy Skupen
10/8 Cleve Banquer
10/14 Louis Gauthier
10/15 Matt Marcel
10/15 Tim Craig
10/22 Charles Labbe
10/25 Michael Monson
10/27 Samuel Higdon
KC KNIGHTS AND LADIES OCTOBER ANNIVERSARIES
10/7 Lester and Lynn Hitchcock
10/15 Cleve and Verlyne LeBlanc